This probably breaks some culinary rules since it’s chicken stock and seafood but I don’t care: I like it.
- Big saucepan with a lid
- 200g Long Grain Rice (don’t use basmati)
- 400ml Chicken Stock
- 250-300g Ready to Eat Crayfish Tails
- 1 Onion
- Chop the onion.
- Melt a dollop of butter/margarine in the saucepan and fry the onion over a medium heat until soft.
- Give the rice a good rinse then add to the onions. Mix well to coat the rice and let soak for a couple of minutes.
- Pour over the stock and mix through. Bring to the boil, cover and let cook for about 14 minutes (or wherever the cooking instructions on the rice says).
- Mix the crayfish through the rice.
- Serve with crusty, buttered bread.
Ideally you want to undercook the rice very slightly to give it a bit of bite. Basmati goes a bit soggy so I prefer to stick to long grain.
Instead of crayfish, you could use prawns, flaked salmon, chorizo, mushrooms or whatever you fancy.