- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp whisky
- 2tsp wholegrain mustard
- 120ml/8tbsp double cream
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil over a high heat then fry the sliced mushrooms for about 5 minutes or until golden.
- Reduce the heat and add the crushed garlic, stirring all the time. Fry for a minute but be careful not to burn it.
- Add the whisky and cook until most of it has evaporated.
- Stir in the cream, then the mustard and simmer for 3-4 minutes until it’s reduced enough to coat the steak.
- Taste and season.